Starting with ZeroPhone
This page describes first steps to do once you get your ZeroPhone.
Prepare the SD card
TODO!: touch up the image and post it to torrents
- Download an SD card image - currently, the torrent file is available for ZeroPhone Gamma
- Unzip the image
- Find an SD card that's at least 2GB large
- For Linux, upload the image onto SD card using dd:
dd if=ZeroPhone_Gamma_170811_v1.0.img of=/dev/XXXX bs=32M, where /dev/XXXX is disk path for the SD card connected to computer, such as /dev/mmcblk1 or /dev/sde
- For Windows, use Win32DiskImager
Boot the ZeroPhone up
- Insert batteries into battery holder and connect the holder to the ZeroPhone
- Connect the ZeroPhone to charger using the microUSB port on the side of ZeroPhone
- Wait until ZeroPhone boots and UI appears on the display. The RGB LED should light up in green for half a second before the UI appears on the display, if neither happens, check that the SD card has a valid image.
Connect the ZeroPhone to a WiFi network
- Go to Networking=>Wireless and press Status to see whether you're connected to any network already
- Go back and press Scan to scan for wireless networks around. It's advised to wait for about 5 seconds.
- Press Networks to see the available networks, select the network that you need to connect to
- Press Connect in the network menu that appears when you click on the network. You will have to enter a password if the network is password-protected - you can enter it using the numpad keys.
- Once you're connected, go back and select Status. The "St" column should switch to COMPLETED, and you should get an IP address.
SSH into your ZeroPhone
- Use your SSH client of choice
- Username is pi, password is Letsbuildaphone
- Please, change the password immediately. It's your responsibility to do so until there's an app that'll automatically set the password.
- Regenerate your SSH keys (TODO: instructions)
Expand the filesystem
sudo raspi-configand select the Expand Filesystem option
- After it's done, reboot when it asks you to
Update ZeroPhone software
Assuming that you're connected to the Internet:
- Update the system
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- Update the UI
cd /home/pi/pyLCI && ./update.sh